Effective public service delivery through innovative governance knowledge exchange
Effective public service delivery through innovative governance knowledge exchange
Search
signup
Member login
Click to reload image

 
Events & Announcements
Best Practices: Write-up on good governance initiatives which were conferred National e-Governance Awards for 2013-14 added.
Write-up on good governance initiatives which were conferred National e-Governance Awards for 2013-14 added under Best Practices.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict

 
Kendriya Vidyalaya like model schools in Jharkhand
The Jharkhand government following the Centre’s insistence on improving schooling standards, will set up secondary schools equipped with modern facilities for teaching in areas which have low female literacy rates and are educationally backward.

Ranchi: Prompted by the Centre’s insistence on improving the standards of schooling, the Jharkhand government has decided to set up a chain of secondary schools in educationally backward blocks of the state.

The new schools will come up in those areas where female literacy is below 46.13 per cent. They will have all the infrastructure and resources at par with those being followed by Kendriya Vidyalayas.

Confirming the proposed plan, newly inducted HRD Minister Baijnath Ram said that as many as 203 blocks out of 259 in Jharkhand would have model schools equipped with all sorts of modern way of teaching.

In the first phase, 41 blocks would get their schools, each on five acres, offering quality secondary education from Class VI to XII in rural areas.

The state government has already allocated Rs 1,500 lakh for the purpose of constructing schools and managing resources for them.

The Centre is expected to share 75 per cent financial cost of the project, while the remaining 25 per cent will be managed from the state resource.

With a five-year deadline starting next month, societies set up by the state government would implement the project.

Identified blocks include Bero, with 42.8 per cent female literacy, Tamar, with 31.36 per cent, Pakuria with 21.86 per cent, Jarmundi with 23.16 per cent, Tundi with 25.78 per cent, Kisko with 27.69 per cent and Bishunpur with 24.98 per cent.

Model schools would also be set up in educationally backward blocks of districts such as East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum, Lohardaga, Bokaro, Palamau, Chatra, Hazaribagh, Koderma, Giridih, Deoghar, Godda and Sahebganj in a phased manner.

State HRD Secretary Mridula Sinha said they would soon start work on model schools in the identified blocks. “We want students, mainly girls in backward areas, to get quality education that is denied to them,” she said.

Each model school will have 560 students and have all the facilities at par with the Kendriya Vidyalayas.

Source: iGovernment